Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Worship Tunes

I had the chance to play on my church's worship team on Sunday. Playing music is awesome in general, but worship music just has that extra something too it... probably the worship aspect. That's my guess.

It's been about a year since I was on a team. Man, have I missed it! Working together as a team to arrange the songs, practising them like crazy and then playing them on Sunday morning is just... awesome!

Anyway, I've discovered a couple of new favourite tracks that I thought I would share.

Kari Jobe - Hands To The Heavens
Really cool song. Saw her play this one at Wonderjam this year and fell in love instantly.



Revelation Song - Candi Person Shelton
We play a couple of Candi's songs on Praise and Worship Sunday, but I hadn't been introduced to her cover of Revelation Song until Sunday. I dig (which I guess goes without saying as I wouldn't have put it on this list if I hated it...)



Chris Tomlin - At The Cross
The chorus of this song is so poetic. "Where your love ran red and my sin washed white". I know that's Christianity 101, but still, such a great way to phrase it!

No comments:

Post a Comment