Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Scotch Peppers

As mentioned in a previous blog. I like spice.

A lot.

The same goes for cooking.

I recently discovered Scotch Bonnet Peppers. They were listed on a handy chart in the grocery store as being one down from Ghost Peppers (the hottest pepper known to man). PERFECT!

Suffice it to say, Scotch Peppers began cropping up in a lot of my cooking endeavours. Especially when the recipe needed some extra... kick.

Making rice? Cook them with Scotch Peppers. Need burgers with some flavour? Fry 'em up with Scotch Peppers!

Of course, this is beginning to sound like a horror film. The main character has discovered something that brings them joy. However, soon it will deliver great pain and horror!

That climax of terror happened last Sunday. It was chilli day. Not that I have a chilli day... I was just making chilli that day....

While chopping some red onions (which was like reading a Nicholas Sparks novel) I whipped some tears out of my eyes.

Mistake.

Immediately, I couldn't see. Searing pain covered my eyes. The tears came like a flood (much like watching a Nicolas Sparks movie). I couldn't open my eyes.

Great. There go my retinas. I've ruined myself forever. All that is floating through my mind as I pour litre after litre of water on my swelling eyes.

Eventually, I realized I could in fact open my eyes. I just had to hold them open to convince my brain of that.

Why did that happen? I had been chopping Scotch Bonnet Peppers right before cutting the onion.

Moral - Don't touch your eyes when cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment