Thursday, December 5, 2013

Into The Silent Night

Every year there's one album that becomes that year's "Definitive Christmas Album." It's the one I listen too driving home from work, my go to for Christmas inspiration and the one that I wish I had written all the songs for.

In the past it's been Down Here's "How Many Kings" and Jars of Clay's "Christmas Songs". Not to mention Future of Forestry's "Advent Christmas Collection" (Which just seems to be a constant favourite with me).

This year, it's for King and Country's Into The Silent Night.

Love it.

In the past, I've had a lot of love to give these guys. They sure aren't giving me any reasons to stop yet either!

In fact the only thing I don't like about Into The Silent Night is the length. It's only 4 songs long (plus a live version of Baby Boy).

By the time the ep is over... it's just getting started! Where's the Christmas LP? Oh well. Whatever. At least we get 4 songs of awesome.

Baby Boy and Into The Silent Night are my favourites, but Angels We Have Heard On High is a great imagining and Little Drummer Boy is enjoyable (making Little Drummer Boy enjoyable isn't the easiest thing to do either!)

For me, well worth the 5 bucks!

Happy Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment