Friday, October 5, 2012

Why I Love Fall

Fall is awesome. Why? Here is my list.

1. Colors 
The leaves are incredible. Reds, oranges, yellows, pinks all swirling around in the breeze... gets me excited every time.

2. Air
I can actually go outside without feeling like I'm being doused with smog/sauna/ a heat ray. I like the cold. Cold starts in fall.

3. Thanksgiving
Turkey, pumpkin pie and gravy on potatoes... lots and lots of gravy...

4. Being Thankful
This is a reflective time. There is so much to be thankful for, even if we don't think so. Even if everything has gone haywire all year, we can be glad that God still loves us and that we are alive.

5. Making Fun of the Leafs 
The annual pastime of making fun of Toronto's hockey heroes is not happening this year. This makes me sad... more time to build material for next year.

6. Remembering Why I Want A DSLR Camera
See reason #1. All that color, leaves reflecting in the water. The pictures almost take themselves.

7. Christmas Shopping
The strategy and planning begin now. Yes, I am that type of person.

8. Bonfires
They are better in fall.

9. Daylight Savings Time Ends
I get an extra hour of sleep. Can you spell A-E-W-S-O-M-E?

10. I'm out of stuff now... list is over
 Go eat some turkey or ham or a candy or something.

1 comment:

  1. So true! So many people talk about feeling alive after the winter blues in spring. I get summmer blues and come alive in autumn! I really like autumn. Incidentally did you spell awesome incorrectly on purpose as a pun? Ha ha

    ReplyDelete