Monday, December 20, 2010

This Christmas

Something strange has happened to me this year. Two things actually.
Firstly, I'm enjoying The Little Drummer Boy. I won't lie, I have always despised this song. This year though something has changed... I've actually been enjoying the song, turning it up when it comes on LIFE even!!! What's up with that?
The second thing is I don't want anything for Christmas.
As a young child (5 or 6 if you must know) my Mom had told me that "some day, I'll know that it is better to give than to receive". (This was her way of getting out of the question "What do you want for Christmas")? I thought she was crazy... there would always be an action figure, LEGO® set or toy car that I'd want... not so. In fact I'm looking forward to giving more than ever.
I don't really need anything, and everything that I want is ridiculously expensive (hobbies are pricey... ask a musician). The point of Christmas is Christ and I think I know that now. More than ever.
So the only item on my wish list this year is socks... and a CD with Little Drummer Boy on it!

10 comments:

  1. I never understood why a gift certificate was a cool gift. I want to buy a real gift, something tangible, not a piece of "money paper". It seems so uncreative.

    Until last year. A gift certificate to Pinstripe or Le Chateau Men's Clothing - ya! I LOVE gift certificates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Evan! Way to learn the true meaning of Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Online social buitterfly who is oblivious to the real worldDecember 24, 2010 at 8:11 AM

    Socks and a CD with the Little Drummer Boy! You should get a Twitter account for Christmas! Or a facebook! Maybe a DVD of "The Social Network".

    ReplyDelete
  4. You what I hope you get for Christmas "Online social buitterfly who is oblivious to the real world"? I hope you get a life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Online social buitterfly who is oblivious to the real worldDecember 24, 2010 at 8:14 AM

    Merry Christmas Scocial Scrooge! (AKA Fixader!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, "Online social buitterfly who is oblivious to the real world", we should really put aside our differences for the Christmas season you know "peace on Earth"?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Online social buitterfly who is oblivious to the real worldDecember 24, 2010 at 8:19 AM

    Truce Fixader! I'll argue with U on boxing day! Until then! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really think "Online social buitterfly who is oblivious to the real world" needs to get a different hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Online social buitterfly who is oblivious to the real worldJanuary 22, 2011 at 9:28 AM

    OH YEAH!!! D.C.!!! Well I think I have an amazing hobby! I want to add U on facebook then delete U just becaus im mad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Online social buitterfly who is oblivious to the real world, I am praying for your computer to crash.

    ReplyDelete