Monday, April 18, 2016

Bummin'

Matt Thiessen from Relient K is one of my song writing heroes.

The guy can write. Like... really, really, really well. He's the Matthew West of Christian Rock.
He'll take a sentence that doesn't seem to have any logical follow up line and put the perfect verse... and make it so fun!

Example - 

It's simple, catchy and just sappy enough to not be cheesy. Love it!


In recent years, Relient K have been... less than awesome in my books. The songs are still well written, but seemed to be lacking a bit of that youthful cheekiness. The joy wasn't there.

Enter their new song Bummin'. To be honest, I don't know what I think of the song... nor do I know if the joy is back.

What I do know, is I've listened to it about 12 times today and am [finally] enjoying a new upbeat pop-rock song from Relient K!

'Bout time!


No comments:

Post a Comment