Thursday, January 28, 2016

My 2016 Goals

I meant to have this posted a week after December 31... whoops!

I don't make resolutions at New Years. Too much pressure. I make goals. LOTS. This year I have 25. I know, that seems like a lot. But, I figure if I only accomplish 15, that's 10 more than I would have pulled off had it been 5 goals.

So far it's going o.k. Some of them can't be done during the winter, so they are on the back burner. Others involve me being in a creative mood... which hasn't happened this week. Hopefully next week!

I have 3 goals that are really important to me. These are the ones that I have to do by Dec 31 next year. Here they are!

1. - Read 5 Books
The number of books is pretty low... but I also wanted to give myself some grace. The idea with this goal is to read more. I used to read all the time when I was growing up. Loved it! However, I've slacked off recently. I figure by the time I get 5 books read, I will have a routine in place and be able to double it by year's end. I have read a book and a half so far. It's good to be back!

2. - Improve Devotion Time
I'm usually pretty good to make time for devos... but I admit I slacked a lot in the latter half of 2015. I got busy... and allowed devos to suffer... So far I haven't missed a day (including Saturdays, which is something I've never done before!)

3. - Exercise More
Man... this list is cliché... seriously though... Almost everything I love involves sitting. Watching movies, reading, work, editing video, gaming, board gaming, filming (sometimes... usually standing), guitar (again, I only stand when I'm not practising)... that's a lot of time in a chair. Add in the fact that I don't like sports and you can see why it's on the list!

So far number 3 has been the hardest. Mostly because it hurts... a lot... I like exercising... just hate what it does to your body!

What are your goals this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment