Tuesday, June 9, 2015

I Can't Read Non-Fiction

I learned that about myself when I was still in grade school. Any time I picked up anything that wasn't fiction for casual reading... well.. I set it back down again.

I've heard a lot of people say that they can only read non-fiction, which reminded me of my original conclusion. So I decided to test it.

It's been years since I thought this, surely I have grown out of it and I can enjoy non-fiction now! So I bought a book about a guy trying to make it in Hollywood. I think movie making is a cool subject, I know the guy is successful, so that should add some meta humor and it's a short book. This will be a piece of cake!

It's been 3 months since I touched it.

And I was enjoying it too.... I just don't seem to do well when I know something actually happened!

It's amazing I've been able to read the Bible as consistently as I have over the years. Considering I can't even finish a 200 page biography I'm interested in!

Are you only able to read one class of book? Or are you capable of going between the two without giving up?



No comments:

Post a Comment