Saturday, September 21, 2013

Anthem For Today - Walk Away

You may remember a post I made a few months back about Anthem For Today. It was awesome being able to shoot a music video.

You know what's more awesome?

Doing it again!

I have wanted to do a camp fire video for a while, but there are problems with shooting one of those.
Mostly the music. You'd have to record an acoustic version of the song you are filming and then film it, then mix both. It would be a great challenge, just not something I figured I could talk anyone into.

Then I found out Anthem is releasing their song "Walk Away." It's acoustic. Bingo!

The day of the shoot was miserable. Rain, rain... rain... more rain... Then it stopped (thank God). Then it started again! After almost cancelling the shoot, the rain stopped again (after loads of prayer!).
This time it stopped for good.

The shoot only lasted around an hour and a half, maybe 2 hours. It was a blast! After going through an entire bag of marshmallows, firewood and kindling - we were done!

Two weeks later, I'm pleased to present the finished product!



All in all it was a great night! Now, let's shoot another!

1 comment:

  1. Great video Evan! Even better than the first (and the first was good). You're showing good progression. Also, I really like this song. Kind of reminds me of "Finish Last" by Stellar Kart. Maybe it's the acoustic quality? This reminds me of what I wish Stellar Kart was STILL doing. Glad to see Anthem for Today doing it, only not doing it the same way at all. They're more diverse than I anticipated. Great job from you and Anthem for Today!

    ReplyDelete