Friday, December 28, 2012

Boxing Day


I've always wanted to go Boxing Day shopping. This year was not the year to start.
I did, however, hit up a few stores… in a small town neighboring my home town. With a small town comes a small crowd.
Skip forward a day, the day after boxing day, should be safe to do some returns/shopping right? Wrong.
It wasn't as bad as Boxing Day likely is… but it might have been close.
While buying something in a video game store (don’t judge me) the sales guy was trying to sell me a few additional things… only to find out, he couldn't sell them, he was sold out. In fact, it looked like a tornado had gone through most stores.
Shelves were barren, whole isles torn apart at the seams by shoppers getting next year’s Christmas gifts (hmmm… maybe I should have done that)
Moral of the story. Boxing Week shopping is fun… but it’s also not something to do in a rush… especially if it involves Customer Service. 15 minute lines are a little crazy.



                                                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment