Monday, August 8, 2011

Kingdom Bound - The Recap


Last week Ben Davy and I went south of the boarder to check out Kingdom Bound 2011. This was my first time going to the U.S so I was excited all round.
After a stop in Niagara Falls (there's another first) which is full of flashy colors and larger then life signs (two things I love) we found ourselves in Darrien Lake N.Y.
I could bore you with all the details
- The roller coaster I still regret going on
- The hat I lost on said roller coaster
- How said hat actually helped me in my walk with God (I am not kidding... it's a whole other story).

- How I found said hat (see other story)

But, I'll cut to the chase and talk bands.

On the Sunday I got to check out Classic Petra. I'll admit it, I liked it. After hearing them I now realize how they have allowed other bands like House of Heroes and Anberlin to grow and thrive.
Newsboys headlined Sunday night. Crazy. Rotating drums, floating platforms a performance of
Jesus Freak.

My favorite show was Skillet, I will never forget how loud the screaming got when they did Monster or how excited I got when they started Savior.



My favorite band was House of Heroes. They didn't use any tracks as far a I could tell (backing instruments on cd), they also had 4 part harmonies and did In the Valley of the Dying Sun (one of my favorite House songs).



All in all... it was great!

Me with House of Heroes!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Skillet and House of Heros should have done a 3 way collaboration with Petra, that would be cool! They could've sung about your hat...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Online social buitterfly who is oblivious to the real worldAugust 9, 2011 at 7:53 AM

    i like better when they use backing trax its so much more fun... but i dont really like concertz i prefer 2 listen 2 them on my ipod...

    ReplyDelete