Monday, November 29, 2010

Time for Christmas shopping

I have a love/hate relationship with Christmas shopping.
On the love side:

A. I get to think of creative gifts that the recipients will never guess
B. I get to give people stuff
C. I get to mindlessly wonder around stores and usually wind-up getting myself a Christmas present (don't judge me... you've done it to!!!)

On the dislike side:

A. I become trapped in a mall surrounded by thousands of people for hours on end with nothing but my instincts to survive the lights, smells and prices
B. Having to find interesting gifts by the 25th
C. Hiding the gifts from the recipients

I like to be done my shopping by December 1st, ya I know, unrealistic and early. The method behind the madness is simply this -- the sooner I get the shopping done, the sooner I can start to focus on the real reason for the season.
It also has something to do with the year I didn't start Christmas Shopping until the 20th of December... that was stressful.

3 comments:

  1. So true. So true. Christmas shopping is so bitter sweet. PS: I don't like Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Online social buitterfly who is oblivious to the real worldDecember 1, 2010 at 7:39 AM

    I resent Fixader's comments and continual rant about Twitter! If U can manage 2 locate this maniac radical Twiiter hater, can you lock him up or something. I LOVE Twitter, facebook, myspace, flicker, ping, msn, skype and ever social network there is! I was going 2 see the movie "Social network" but they wouldn't let me take my computer in the theatre.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Evan. It's almost impossible to hide my sisters present! And I think its a good idea to do most of your shopping before Dec 1, before the rush, lol.

    ReplyDelete